Posted on: 12 August 2016
Unless you have a mold problem that has proliferated beyond control, it is sometimes difficult to even realize that a mold problem is there. Mold tends to grow in dark, moist places that you may not frequent very often. However, mold can be incredibly dangerous and poses tremendous health risks to you and your family. Use this information to learn more about two signs that you may have a mold problem in your home.
There Is a Musty Odor in Your Home
One of the telltale signs of mold growth is a musty odor in your home. You may think that the scent is due to the age of your home or simply because you don't use enough air freshener, but the real issue could be much more serious than you think.
Mold produces different gasses, some of which have a musty smell. Even if you're unable to see the mold in your home, this scent lets you know that there is likely a growth somewhere. Rather than trying to cover up the odor by lighting incense or spraying different perfumes in the air, it's best to call in an expert for mold remediation. They'll do a thorough inspection of your home to determine where the mold is hiding. They can then remove the mold and clear away any after effects. You'll find that the musty odor that you have become accustomed to clears away as a result.
You're Starting to Experience Respiratory Problems
If you're the type of person who has never had to deal with issues such as allergies, breathing issues, or congestion, you may be unable to determine why these things have suddenly become a problem. While it's true that you may have developed such issues over the course of time, mold could also be a contributing factor that you've been overlooking.
Breathing in mold spores can cause all manner of respiratory problems. Red, itchy eyes as well as rashes and continual coughing are just some of the ramifications that you may deal with if your home has mold. Don't settle for constantly taking over-the-counter medications to deal with the symptoms. Get to the root of the issue by having your home evaluated for mold as soon as possible.
Getting rid of the mold in your home is the key to making your house as comfortable and welcoming as possible. If you notice any one of these signs, contact a mold-remediation specialist such as SLC Environmental right away so you can eliminate the problem.Share